Aldi GPS Watch
Reviewed by Martin Childs
What can I say, picked one of these fellas up today, its really great for only £65.
I'll get a more thorough reveiw once I had it a while but heres some initial notes.
Features which set it apart from anything in its up to more than double its price:
- Four different sport profiles, each one has a customisable screens.
- You have three screens each with three lines of info, all are totally configurable by profile!
- Battery life of 16hours in GPS recording mode & 1 year as a watch!
- Records altitude in data file;
- Has an included heart rate belt and records data in log;
- Charges really quickly (should have put a timer on it, about an hour).
If you want to read the manuals and check out the software, youcan download them from here.
What it can't do:
- It is only rain proof - can't be used for swimming.
- Data file contains your local time - not UTC, this confuses Strava and in British summer time will show you ride 1 hour later. Don't panic though, I have a fix here.
Verdict: snap one up now before they've gone!
Rating: 4.5 out of 5